Hi Kim,

One solution would be to use the pdfimages utility from Poppler to
extract all the images from the PDF into a directory.  You would then
place the corresponding hocr files in the same directory and then
run the hocr-pdf utility from hocr-tools.

Both software packages are readily available on many Linux systems.

https://poppler.freedesktop.org/
https://github.com/tmbdev/hocr-tools

Thanks,
Rasan