ByWater Solutions was created with the express goal of changing the way libraries interact with their software and the vendors who support them. We believe that libraries deserve to have access to a world-class system and personalized, comprehensive support at a reasonable cost. Our company is made up of a small and close-knit group of librarians, book lovers, technology and data geeks, Tolkien fans, space nerds, knitters, marathon runners, animal lovers, and most importantly, library lovers and open-source fanatics. We are a transparent organization that values collaboration with each other and the larger open source communities we work with. We strive to set our library partners and coworkers up for success.

We are looking for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to work with our Systems team. You will join a team of system support professionals to manage and improve our technical infrastructure, systems implementation, and support with our library partners.

Responsibilities Include

Manage deployment of web applications in a cloud computing environment
Maintenance, configuration, and monitoring of cloud-hosted servers
Systems failure analysis and remediation
Automate repetitive tasks
Assist with help desk system support efforts, making sure partner and staff issues are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
Working with people over the full range of technical aptitude
Occasional on-call rotation during non-business hours

Requirements

Love of libraries is a must!
Ability to work remotely as a team
Proven experience in Debian based Linux System Administration
Experience supporting web applications in a cloud computing environment (Google Cloud, AWS)
Ability to navigate application and system logs for troubleshooting and resolution
Experience with one or more scripting languages (bash, python, php)
Experience with configuration management ( Ansible preferred, Puppet, Salt etc )
Excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills
Enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
Understanding of CI/CD principles
Understanding of SSL certificate configurations
Experience working with software source control repositories (git, subversion, etc)
Experience with MySQL/MariaDB database engines

Great to have

Familiarity with the Open Source products Libki, Koha, Aspen Discovery, and/or CORAL is a plus
Experience contributing to an open-source software project in any capacity
Knowledge of VMWare and VirtualBox hypervisors
Experience with Master-Master (Galera) database replication strategies
Knowledge of Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions
Experience building, using and deploying Docker container images

Education

BSc/BA preferably in computer science, engineering, library science or relevant field and/or equivalent experience

This is a full-time, telecommuting position (within PT to ET time zones) which requires working from home and an approximate 5% travel requirement. ByWater offers performance bonuses, 401k, medical, great pay, on the job skills training, and the chance to work with a talented group of team members.

Apply Today

Send your resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask]

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/43969-linux-system-administrator