Some interesting backdrop to tomorrow's discussion. Early last month I hopped on Twitter and responded to a call for resources/projects that Somay Langley sent out for those who were archiving the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/criticalsenses/status/1245687991030263809?s=20

I mentioned that I had started working on the side with a local historical society (Saugatuck-Douglas) to research best practices for their policies and approaches to doing community documentation. I shared a few links to articles covering historical societies and museums who had fired up campaigns. Ed Summers from University of Maryland and the DocNow Project jumped in and suggested piling into a Google Doc to identify as many projects as we could scour from across the web. That has become the Documenting Covid-19 resource that some of you may have seen circulating on Twitter.

Deb just noticed yesterday that Mother Jones latched onto the resource yesterday and spotlighted it in one of their articles - check it out here: https://www.motherjones.com/coronavirus-updates/2020/05/how-are-we-going-to-look-back-on-this-time-oral-historians-record-daily-life-during-covid-19

Many thanks to Ed and Somaya for getting that doc fired up. It is quite a list! We are really looking forward to tomorrow's discussion! Thanks to Eric and Meral for giving us a snapshot of this important work.