There’s the Epson 12000XL scanner. It comes in 2 models; one is just flatbed and the other can do slides and negatives. But flatbed scanning can be very slow especially at 600 dpi. For the same price or less you could probably setup a camera copy stand with LED lights that would enable quicker capture although you might only get 400 dpi, which I think is actually acceptable for text. A Canon EOS 5DS DSLR will give you 50mp.

Jenn Morris
Digital Imaging Manager
MIT Libraries, Distinctive Collections
617.253.7286

Out of respect and care for library staff and for our community, the MIT Libraries have suspended all in-person services until further notice. For updated information and details, see https://libraries.mit.edu/about/covid19/.