Hi all,

Just FYI for those with GitHub Pages sites, I ran into a stumbling block
renaming default branches. Support was helpful and gave me this information
(that I couldn't find elsewhere):

> For now, you can publish a GitHub Pages project site (i.e. one NOT named
<username>.github.io) from the master branch, the /docs folder on the
master branch,
or the gh-pages branch. In your case if you simply rename the branch from
ghpages to gh-pages then you will be able to select it as the publishing
source for your repository.

For the conference website, I deleted master and then spent a while trying
to figure out how to build pages off of a different branch, which wasn't
possible until I created a gh-pages branch.

Best,
Eric