practice // values : situating digital forensics tools in archives will
take place July 24, 2020 from 2:00-3:30pm ET over Zoom
View this email in your browser
<https://us13.campaign-archive.com/?e=&u=299460903c5acd28e01011bfe&id=a83aabddee>

*Registration Now Open for the July 2020 BCC Roundtable!*

Registration is now open for the July 2020 BCC roundtable: *practice //
values : situating digital forensics tools in archives*. The roundtable
will take place on *July 24, 2020 from 2:00-3:30pm ET* over Zoom.

here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/practice-values-situating-digital-forensics-tools-in-archives-tickets-109992887688
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/practice-values-situating-digital-forensics-tools-in-archives-tickets-109992887688>*

Registration is required for this event, but it is free and open to the
public.

*Event description:*
The application of digital forensics tools in born-digital archiving grew
out of a need to find and implement tools that fulfill the processing
requirements of digital stewards. The practical implementation of these
tools has often been driven by the affordances of technology, rather than
the needs of donors, archives, and patrons. This roundtable will first
explore the role of the archivist in mediating between tools and
born-digital content - through the selection of tools and the application
of their functionality. Then we’ll discuss the ethical implications of
these tools in their original contexts and how they do or do not align with
the values of our organizations and our communities.

We are excited to welcome Snowden Becker, Monique Lassere, Keith
Pendergrass, and Yvonne Ng to discuss their experiences mediating between
software tools and born-digital materials and the ethical considerations of
this work.

For more information, see the event page on the BCC website:
https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/roundtable-2-practice-values-situating-digital-forensics-tools-archives

*About the BitCurator Users Forum*

The BitCurator Users Forum brings together representatives from libraries,
archives, museums, and related information professions engaged in or
considering digital archival work to acquire, better understand, and make
available born-digital materials. The two-day forum will balance discussion
of theory and practice of digital archiving and related digital analysis
workflows with hands-on activities for users at all levels of experience
with digital archival methods in general, including the BitCurator
environment, and other tools for use in digital analysis and curation.
[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/bitconsortium>
[image: Website] <https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/>

You can update your preferences
<https://educopia.us13.list-manage.com/profile?u=299460903c5acd28e01011bfe&id=0e643a73ce&e=>