Classes

Live webinars, free information sessions, and demonstrations

View Our Scheduled Classes

Class Spotlight:

Making the Business Case for a Digital Preservation Program

August 18, 3:00 - 4:30 PM ET

Does your institution have unique digital objects, but lack a long-term program for digital preservation? Data stored outside of a preservation-specific environment is often unmonitored, misplaced, or poorly tracked, all of which leaves it at a high risk of loss. A well-timed and carefully written business case can help you advocate for the funding needed to implement sustainable digital preservation at your institution.

This class will cover the steps to creating a persuasive business case for a digital preservation program. We will discuss creating a business case to persuade colleagues, administrators, a board, or others that digital preservation is important and should be prioritized over other competing priorities. Worksheets will be provided to help attendees take what they have learned and develop a business case for expanding digital preservation at their organization.

This class will not cover digital preservation technologies or program components. A basic understanding of digital preservation concepts and terms is necessary for full participation in this class.

LYRASIS Learning

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information here or contact [log in to unmask]

LYRASIS | 1438 West Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309