Hi everyone—

We’re writing with an update on the activity of our Privacy and Ethics in Technology Working Group.

Given the uncertain and stressful time we’re in, the group is suspending subgroup operations for the time being. We’ve made this decision so that our members can focus on critical operations at your home institutions and in your actual homes. We will look to reconvene later this year or next year, as the post-COVID landscape comes more into focus.

In the meantime, the co-conveners will focus on cross-organizational collaboration and special projects for the remainder of the year.

At this time, we have one special item upcoming:

A webinar with the Data Doubles team<https://datadoubles.org/team/>

This webinar—entitled “Engaging Student Perspectives in Library Learning Analytics”—will be held on Tuesday, July 28 at 1 ET/12 CT/11 MT/10 PT.

Connect via the DLF Zoom: https://clirdlf.zoom.us/j/98891543790?pwd=a0hWRm1qODlmc2pTY0FkV3kvMWRCdz09

Meeting ID: 988 9154 3790

Password: DLFzoom

Stay safe, and stay tuned for more

—Scott Young and Michelle Gibeault, DLF PET Working Group Co-Conveners

Scott W. H. Young (he/him)
Associate Professor, UX & Assessment Librarian
Montana State University
—
Editor, Weave: Journal of Library User Experience
Co-Convener, DLF Privacy and Ethics in Technology Working Group