*Apologies for cross-posting”

The Preservation Standards and Practices Committee (PS&P) of ALCTS/PARS is very pleased to announce that the FY2019 Preservation Statistics Survey is now open! Your data contribution greatly impacts our understanding of preservation activities and trends across libraries of many types. We invite you to complete the survey the survey to the best of your ability, and thank you in advance for your participation!

LINK to Survey: https://forms.gle/7MQjXRMDoKbGQSxz6

New this year is the transition of the survey from Survey Monkey to Google Forms, with the goal of streamlining the survey. We hope that taking the survey will be more time-efficient.

Highlights about the FY2019 survey that are new:

·        The FY2019 Preservation Statistics Survey is open from July 8 through August 17, 2020.

·        Google Forms will send participants a copy of their responses upon survey submission.

·        The sections on Reformatting & Digitization as well as Digital Preservation have been completely revised.

Many thanks to task force members Sean Buckner (task force chair), Nathan Tallman, Kara McClurken, and Robert Klingenberger for their time in fulfilling the charge. They were asked to consider what digital preservation statistics will be meaningful for benchmarking purposes for the preservation community at large. Due to limitations with Google Forms, some recommendations for further streamlining these sections were not entirely incorporated into the survey this year. PS&P expects to incorporate all recommendations fully as Google Forms evolves with future iterations.

Please send questions or comments to the Preservation Standards and Practices Committee co-Chairs, Karen Kiorpes and Karen O'Connell.