Notch8 is seeking a Senior Developer to join our team. We are looking for a talented web developer with good collaboration skills, who can quickly take the lead on incoming projects as we expand. A successful candidate will have strength in Ruby on Rails development, especially experience in the Samvera digital repository stack, and the ability to lead a project team and guide junior staff. Though we are San Diego-based, we have successfully gone fully remote in 2020 and are open to candidates in any location.

Responsibilities:

Develop and implement applications, databases, and web services using Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and other technologies

Provide expertise in web design and architecture

Collaborate effectively with project manager, other developers, and external teams in an agile environment

Actively participate in project scoping and planning, including shaping and estimating of project proposals

Embrace a culture of collaboration and community, where open communication, internal mentorship, and contributing to open-source projects are just a few of our values

Position yourself as a leader on the team whose work schedule includes mentoring other developers

Required Qualifications:

Minimum three years’ directly-related experience as a developer

Expert-level experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, JavaScript and ReactJS (or another JS framework like Angular, Vue, or Polymer), PostgreSQL

Proficiency with Docker

Experience generating and maintaining comprehensive, digestible documentation

Intellectual curiosity and desire to constantly expand technical knowledge

Desired Skills (not required):

Five years’ experience with the technologies listed above

Experience developing digital repositories, especially in the Samvera stack, including Solr, Fedora, Blacklight, Hyrax and/or Hyku

Devops experience, including server architecture and deployment

Acumen for team leadership or mentorship

Experience in an agile development environment

Benefits of Working for Notch8:

Dedicated hours allocated to professional development

Support for conference and training participation, including travel when applicable

Being an autonomous member of a collaborative and supportive team

Flexible work hours - we make work-life balance a priority

Work-from-home and remote work options

Comprehensive health, dental, vision and 401K plans

Member of a strong community network in both the local San Diego tech scene and the international Samvera community

Notch8 was started in 2007 with the intent of creating a healthy work environment, focused on quality products and building good relationships, both internally and externally. Today, Notch8 is a proud of our reputation for leadership in the local tech community, as well as the Ruby and Samvera communities. We believe in a virtuous cycle of happy: happy engineers build great software; great software makes happy clients. We also believe all team members have the right to:

Strong community involvement

Trust, respect, and autonomy

Great work-life balance

Notch8 is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment, which benefits our company and our clients.  We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, family status, age, or veteran status.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/45187-senior-application-developer-samvera