If you're a little handy with python (or got someone who is) you could read
the contents of a table in the word doc, convert it to a pandas datafromae,
and then it's pretty simple to export a dataframe to and excel spreadsheet
with the pd.to_excel() function.

Take a look at this:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47977367/how-to-create-a-dataframe-from-a-table-in-a-word-document-docx-file-using-pan?noredirect=1&lq=1

could be handy to do this in a little script if you're going to be doing it
more than once.

Good luck!
--Ray

--