Hi Deborah,

I manage an openEQUELLA instance. It's not abandonware, it's under the
Apereo Foundation now: https://www.apereo.org/projects/openequella

You could probably pay Unicon or Edalex for one-time support such as help
with a migration. We have an annual contract for support with Unicon and
they're helpful, they have people who have worked on EQUELLA for a long
time.

I have a version of the database schema somewhere but it sounds like that's
not really the problem, you want to know how to convert an item's UUID and
version into the path on the server where its attachments are stored. The
folder is a hash of the UUID calculated in a certain way, here's the script
I use to determine it:
https://gist.github.com/phette23/9279de4260ff681cbdfc12e10275e2d3

So the path to the attachments directory can be constructed like: { data
directory }/Institutions/{ institution name }/Attachments/{ hash of item
UUID }/{ item UUID }/{ item version }

This assumes you're not using advanced storage, which adds an additional
directory in there with the collection's UUID in between "Attachments" and
the UUID hash.

I hope that's helpful. I honestly don't understand much about the hash
itself, I only know that this script works to find it. I'm happy to answer
other openEQUELLA questions. I'm actually surprised to hear someone else
out there uses it, I think this is the first time it's come up on the
listserv.

Best,
Eric