Greetings,

We would like to announce a public webinar on September 22nd at 1pm to 2pm EST providing updates on Visualizing the Future <https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/> grant work (IMLS RE-73-18-0059-18). Visualizing the Future is an IMLS National Forum Grant to develop a literacy-based instructional and research agenda for library and information professionals with the aim to create a community of praxis focused on data visualization. This grant, which has provided funding for meetings for 13 fellows and 3 co-investigators, aims to create a diverse community that will advance data visualization instruction and use beyond hands-on, technology-based tutorials toward a nuanced, critical understanding of visualization as a research product and form of expression.

Tune in to learn about:
The goals of the grant
Grant activities and projects, like our resources for new visualization librarians and our instruction modules in progress
Upcoming opportunities to join together as a community interested in visualization in libraries

We will plan to leave extensive time for public q&a and discussion. We really want to know what the broader community is thinking and doing around data visualization in libraries.

Details:

Visualizing the Future Live Update
Tuesday, September 22
1pm to 2pm Eastern time | 10am to 11am Pacific time | 5pm to 6pm UTC time
Registration Form <https://forms.gle/wsPtYhWVuxudVLS59>

You can read more about the grant on our website <https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/>.

From the Visualizing the Future Organizers:

Project Director
Justin Joque, Ph.D. (University of Michigan)

Project Co-Directors
Andrzej Rutkowski, M.A., M.S. (University of Southern California)
Angela Zoss, Ph.D. (Duke University)

Email project directors <[log in to unmask]>