The Code4Lib mailing list continues to grow, and with the advent of the pandemic, the pace has subsided a little bit.

There are about 3,800 subscribers, but I have not recently done any analysis of who we are. The last time I did such a thing (a few years ago) there were a preponderance of gmail.com and .edu domains.

The subscriber list churns slowly. It is not uncommon for people to unsubscribe and then re-subscribe under a different address. Antidotally, about two people unsubscribe per week, and about four subscribe.

I think traffic has subsided a bit over the past couple of years, and I think this is a reflection of our Slack channel; nitty-gritty requests for assistance have seemingly moved to Slack. A discussion as to the advantages and disadvantages of one (a mailing list) over the other (Slack) is left for another time.

It is important for us to keep in mind the good folks of CLIR and the DLF because they host our (LISTSERV) mailing list. Please don't hesitate to send them good vibes. IMHO, we owe them.

--
Eric Lease Morgan