Open Forum on Values and Principles Framework and Assessment Checklist
(NGLP, Educopia)

Please join Dr. Katherine Skinner, Sarah Lippincott and the Next Generation
Library Publishing
<https://educopia.org/next-generation-library-publishing/> team for an
hour-long open forum on their recent work to develop values and
principles-based assessment tools to incentivize stronger alignment between
publishing tools, services, and platforms and the scholarly communities and
publics they ultimately serve.

During this open forum hosted by Educopia Institute <https://educopia.org/>,
we will be seeking input and feedback from attendees regarding the Values
and Principles Framework <https://doi.org/10.21428/6ffd8432.5175bab1> and
its affiliated Assessment Checklist
<https://doi.org/10.21428/6ffd8432.5175bab1/00710d8a>, which we have issued
for public comment from August-September 30, 2020.

Pending public feedback, we plan to refine and issue these tools in 2021
for broad use.

Please RSVP for the forum via Eventbrite.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/next-generation-library-publishing-open-forum-tickets-122430485879>
The
event will take place October 5, 2020 from 1-2 ET.

More about the Values and Principles Assessment Tool

This Framework <https://doi.org/10.21428/6ffd8432.5175bab1> and Assessment
Checklist <https://doi.org/10.21428/6ffd8432.5175bab1/00710d8a> have been
prepared by Katherine Skinner and Sarah Lippincott and edited by Nancy
Adams, Hannah Ballard, Terra Graziani, Jennifer Kemp, Brandon Locke,
Catherine Mitchell, Cameron Neylon, Kristen Ratan, Oya Rieger, Kathleen
Shearer, John Sherer, Nick Shockey, Eric van Rijn, and Sarah Wipperman.

This work is also related to the Encouraging Adherence to Values and
Principles White Paper (March 2020)
<https://educopia.org/principles_values_wp/>, which the NGLP team issued
for public comment in March 2020 and is currently revising for final
publication.

If you have any questions about the Framework and Assessment Checklist, or
about the NGLP project’s work, please contact Katherine Skinner <

The Next Generation Library Publishing project is led by Educopia
Institute, the California Digital Library (CDL), and Stratos, in close
partnership with Longleaf Services, Confederation of Open Access
Repositories (COAR), and LYRASIS. The project is generously funded by
Arcadia <https://www.arcadiafund.org.uk/>, a charitable fund of Lisbet
Rausing and Peter Baldwin.

With many thanks, and best wishes,

Katherine
*Katherine Skinner, PhD*
Executive Director, Educopia Institute
http://educopia.org
*Currently working at reduced capacity while balancing
kids-school-work-life-2020...please text me if you are not hearing from me
quickly! *

Working from Greensboro, NC
[log in to unmask] | 404 783 2534

Pronouns: she/her