Friends, Colleagues,

I am writing to invite you to join the NC State University Libraries on Oct 2nd at 1p EST for a symposium exploring the attention economy, tracking, and internet culture.

As the final activity in the Andrew W. Mellon funded Immersive Scholar project, we will host a panel discussion featuring Joelle Dietrick and Owen Mundy, Immersive Scholar Creative Residents, Lauren Klein, Asst. Professor and co-author of Data Feminism, and Nick Merrill, Director of UC-Berkeley's Daylight Security Research Lab. Following the panel, there will be the unveiling and behind the scenes look at Joelle and Owen's immersive visualization project for NC State Libraries new Visualization Studio, based on their game, Tally Saves the Internet. (👈🏼definitely click that one)

All relevant details are included on this webpage - https://go.ncsu.edu/immersivesymposium

Please feel free to send any questions to me, and promote to your campus artists/designers, game developers, cybersecurity researchers, and/or digital citizens. Social media graphic attached for your convenience.

Hoping all of you are well,

Micah V.

immrsv symp graphic.png
--
Micah Vandegrift
Open Knowledge Librarian, Copyright & Digital Scholarship Center

To unsubscribe from the DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH,SIGNOFF);