Hi all,
This is an invitation to members of the Content Interest Group to engage with an offline activity related to the Levels of Preservation 2.0 and curation. In August, colleagues from the LoP working group joined the call to introduce a non-technical preservation decision layer that will allow curators and collections stewards to make initial preservation decisions that map to the LoP.

There are two key outcomes from the working group, the Critical Digital Curation Decision Guide and its companion Visual Decision Tree.

Teaching and outreach efforts are underway to promote the Levels. In addition, there is a need for content experts to assist with the curatorial piece. Does this CIG have an interest in leading this?
During the August call, we brainstormed a few ways in which members of the content interest group could support this effort--
  • Look deeper into the Critical Digital Curation Decision Guide and give feedback on how to apply and also, how to organize.
  • Specific decision points are going to vary across different institutions. Say how we would use this with our curators.
  • It would be ideal to share user stories alongside this decision doc. We would anonymize these, make choices about what to share. Or amalgamate them, like personas.

And now the invitation to engage!
Have you reviewed these curatorial docs?
Are you excited to try these at your institution?
Can you think of a recent scenario when you would have benefited from walking through the decision guide with a curator?
Do you already explain your work and challenges with scenarios and stories?
How might you map the Visual Decision Tree to your current workflow?

My suggestion is that we use this content listserv to express interest in participating and for those who would like to do so, we can work together in this curation feedback doc

Best regards,
Deb
--
Deb Verhoff