Hi Jodi,
It's not pandemic-specific but pandemic-coincident. Both SeamlessAccess and
GetFTR were underway before the pandemic but many publishers have ramped up
implementation to address issues of access. The PPT from the talk I gace
with Ralph Youngen (Am Chemical Society) at NISOPlus is here:
https://nisoplus20.sched.com/event/Yfv1/seamless-access-a-conversation-between-service-providers-and-librarians
and there is a recording of the IAM webinar we presented (but unfortunately
we had some technical glitches so near the end you'll hear us working
through that - but we made it!): go to
https://incommon.org/academy/webinars/ and the choose "Simplifying
Federated Access to Scholarly Content and Services (May 2020" - the PPT for
this second event is similar to the NISO Plus.

Hope this is useful.
Lisa

___

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe