Hi Eric,

I use ORCID authentication via OpenID Connect in a WordPress site. The main gotcha is that ORCID doesn't provide the user's email address in an OIDC-standard way, whereas WordPress says it requires an email address for each user. Even if a user has a public email address, you can only get it through the ORCID profile API (or you'd have to persuade the user to complete their profile manually). I haven't gone through this trouble and haven't had real issues, but other applications may be more strict.
Another gotcha is that as a normal ORCID user, you can only have one registered application (API key and secret). This application can have multiple redirect URIs, so it might not affect you directly.

Hope this helps.

Ben