From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Web accessibility and ARIA

[EXTERNAL EMAIL - USE CAUTION]

Hello all

We are trying to measure web accessibility of some Indian institutes/universities/libraries in the form of a score and then rank those institutes/universities/libraries against the score (still at the idea plane). The plan is to fetch data through API in a data wrangling software for further analysis. My questions are as follows:

1) Are there other services (apart from WAVE) that provide results in JSON format through API?
2) What is the significance of *ARIA* in determining such a score for web accessibility? Does a higher number of ARIA indicate a better accessibility? Or is converse true?
3) Is there any globally agreed-upon indicator for web accessibility?

Best

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Professor, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani, Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India