From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Filipe MS Bento (UA) <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 10:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Downloading Video Tutorials

For live events (don't have a video URL for youtube-dl and alike download [there are several online services that do this], and hence need to record a screencast (with audio)), here are a couple of possible solutions, similar to capturing with OBS Studio:

:: If some (high) compression is ok, and framerate is not a bid deal -- or if you want to record some presentation of yours / train a session

* Start a meeting in MS Teams, share that screen or window, and record the meeting (your video will be available in MS Stream (private);
* Similar: use Zoom -- start a "Share Screen" meeting (use for the ID of the meeting, your Personal Meeting ID -> record the session, et voilą, once it finishes converting it, it will open the folder with a "zoom_0" mp4 video file;

:: Highest quality:

* Windows 10 has built in the "XBox Game Bar", which allows to record from browsers and other programs (it will not record the desktop or File Explorer, though).

Have fun,
Filipe

Filipe MS Bento, PhD
BL Labs Technical Lead
Landline: +44 (0)20 7412 7925
Mobile:   +44 (0)74 2654 8167
Email / Skype for Business:  [log in to unmask]
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8135-2304
British Library Labs
The British Library, St Pancras, London, NW1 2DB
Email: [log in to unmask]
Twitter: @BL_Labs
Web: http://labs.bl.uk
https://www.bl.uk/people/experts/filipe-bento