Are you asking about how to view the videos so you can actually read them, or how to make tutorials that aren’t crap?

I don’t have advice for the first one, unfortunately, as most video compression codexes really suck for this type of content

If you’re making your own, there used to be some applications that were more geared to this sort of content.  Most of them used static frames with voiceovers, so they resulted in smaller overall sizes.   There were protocols such as SMIL that could be used to sync up the images and the audio:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronized_Multimedia_Integration_Language

Unfortunately, the main use seemed to be so that streaming radio players could display ads at at the appropriate time, and Microsoft never put support into their web browser (and Google had plans to remove it at one point) so you have to rely on plugins to view them

There used to be tools that would basically ‘record’ your desktop and as you interacted with it, and then let you go back and annotate (arrows, circles, etc) but I don’t remember the names, and as it was probably 10 years ago it’s possible that there’s something better at this point

There are also some programs that will convert PowerPoint presentations to SMIL, so if you’re willing to just take a lot of screenshots yourself, you could go that route

I should also mention that when I make presentations (for keynote or PowerPoint), I set my display’s resolution as LOW as I can before taking screen shots, or I enable ‘text zoom’ or equivalent to increase the font size.  I will also take two screen shots for most things that I’m trying to show, one that shows the whole screen for context, and then a second one that’s cropped tighter around the content so it’s easier for people to read

-Joe

Sent from a mobile device with a crappy on screen keyboard and obnoxious "autocorrect"