Hi Charles,

One idea that might help is to download the highest resolution video
possible using either youtube-dl <https://youtube-dl.org/> (their github
was DCMA'd but it is still available through pip) or invidious
<https://invidious.snopyta.org/>. Then you could play them locally with VLC
<https://www.videolan.org/>, which has controls for zooming video. Note
that while both the tools above are very useful for archival purposes,
their use may be a violation of the YouTube user agreement.

Best of luck,
Andrew

--
Andrew Ward (he/him/his)