Hello everyone,

Please share this opportunity with your networks. These fellowships are open to all, whether or not you’re affiliated with a DLF member institution!

The 2020 Virtual DLF Forum looks different from our typical event in almost every way imaginable. Because we aren’t convening in person and registration is free, we also have been rethinking how we’ll offer fellowships this year.

Because the guiding purpose of this year’s Virtual DLF Forum is building community while apart, through our re-envisioned fellowship program, we seek to highlight new voices from “community journalists” in the field. Applicants should identify as members of a group (or groups) underrepresented among digital library and cultural heritage practitioners. These include—but are not limited to—people of Hispanic or Latino, Black or African-American, Asian, Middle Eastern, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, First Nations, American Indian, or Alaskan Native descent. Applications from people who could contribute to the diversity of the Forum in other ways are also warmly welcomed.

This year, we will be providing $250 stipends to a cohort of 10 Virtual DLF Forum attendees from a variety of backgrounds who apply to be 2020 Virtual DLF Forum Community Journalists. We will feature their voices and experiences on the DLF blog after our events this fall.

Interested attendees must register for the 2020 Virtual DLF Forum and fill out this lightweight application by Sunday, October 25, 2020. Accepted journalists will be notified the week of November 2, 2020. Blog posts are due November 30, 2020. Contact us at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Best,

Gayle and the DLF Forum Team

--

Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers

Program Associate

🍑 Based in Atlanta, GA (Mvskoke land)
The Digital Library Federation (DLF)

Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)

Arlington, VA

@CLIRDLF | @akaGladys

To unsubscribe from the DLF-MUSEUMS-COHORT list, click the following link:
https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DLF-MUSEUMS-COHORT