Hi Charles:
Here is a screenshot of a video as I see it on youtube.com. I have clicked
on the settings icon to reveal the settings menu. One of the options is
'quality'. I've highlighted the location of the settings menu and the
quality option.
[image: Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 11.49.34 AM.png]

That said, as I google for issues around Firefox and YouTube, I see that
firefox may not be able to support all of the codecs required for every
video, as it only has open-source codecs, not proprietary ones. As a result
firefox is not always able to play all resolutions. You may be able to fix
this by installing additional packages (see e.g.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1246875 ). Or you may find that
another browser works better for this purpose.

--
Andromeda Yelton
Web Applications Developer, Berkman Klein Center: https://cyber.harvard.edu