Dear Colleagues,

We hope this message finds you all safe and in good spirits.

This month, the Emulation-as-a-Service-Infrastructure (EaaSI) team is happy
to share our November *Resource Highlight*, a blog post by our partners at
Carnegie Mellon University entitled “Historical Quasi-Artifacts and
Interdepartmental Teams.” This post reflects on the importance of ensuring
that a broad range of organizational functions and perspectives are
represented in discussions about software collection development and
emulation service design.

Read the full post here: https://bit.ly/cmu-quasi-historical

Resource Highlights are monthly opportunities for the EaaSI team to share
our work more broadly. Resources range from staff blog posts that connect
software curation and emulation to current events to capacity building
templates that provide structured activities for digital curation
practitioners to reports from our EaaSI partner organizations on their own
emulation explorations.

*UPCOMING *

The December virtual event mentioned in our last message is being pushed to
January. Registration opens next week for the January 2021 EaaSI Roundtable.
The EaaSI Roundtable is a free, open, one-hour virtual event that brings
together members of the EaaSI Network, researchers, and other conversants
to discuss key topics pertaining to emulation and software reuse. January's
Roundtable will focus on the topic of building awareness and shared
understanding within your organization to build a coalition of
stakeholders, each of which has a unique understanding of how software
curation and emulation impact users, staff, and systems.

If you have questions for the project team, please contact the EaaSI
Community Outreach Lead, Jessica Meyerson, at <jessica[at]educopia[dot]org>.

MORE ABOUT EAASI

The EaaSI program builds on previous work to apply the Emulation-as-a-Service
(EaaS) <http://eaas.uni-freiburg.de/> framework for access and use of
preserved software and digital objects. The project is focused on scaling
the technological framework necessary for multiple institutions to
configure, share, and access software emulated environments. EaaSI is
focused on a distributed, community-driven architecture that sits on top of
existing digital preservation infrastructure. This directly complements
existing efforts by the Software Preservation Network
<https://www.softwarepreservationnetwork.org/> and others to address key
aspects of software preservation including legal advocacy, research about
local software preservation needs, institutional capacity building for
software preservation, collection development, professional development and
training, and workflow recommendations.

--
*Jessica Meyerson*
Director for Research & Strategy | Educopia Institute <http://educopia.org/>

Pronouns: she/her/hers
Working from Austin, TX
jessica[at]educopia[dot]org | 512-864-4575
https://calendly.com/jmeyerson