Dear Research Data Service Practitioners!

We are writing to ask if you would agree to complete a survey for a research project entitled “Research Data Management service sustainability.”

This research aims to understanding factors that affect research data management service sustainability in order to assist institutions in more effectively allocating their time, personnel, and financial resources. We are writing to you because as a participant on this listserv you have self-identified as a someone who is involved in research data services at your institution. I hope you will be willing to help us with our study.

If you are willing, please click on the link below to be taken to the consent form and the survey. This survey should take 30-45 minutes. The survey asks questions regarding changes over time in funding, infrastructure, accountability, service offerings, and personnel.

At the beginning of the survey is a further explanation of your rights as a subject of research conducted through University of Illinois at Chicago. Please read the material carefully. By agreeing to participate in the study, it is implied that you have read and understand your rights.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to call or email.

Link to consent and survey: https://uic.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgmjozVu0PCQI3r

Sincerely,

Tina Griffin, MLIS
Asst Professor