Hello everyone,

The Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI) and the National Archives, Ireland (NAI), are hosting a webinar on rapid response web and social media archiving that might be of interest to the DLF community.

‘Collecting in a Crisis: Rapid Response Web and Social Media Archiving’,  2 Dec 2020 at 19:00-20:00 GMT/UTC

Digital archivists have played an essential role on the front lines of the effort to document the COVID-19 pandemic as it plays out online. Their continuous collaborative efforts will ensure that records of the social, cultural, and economic impact of this crisis are preserved for the benefit of future generations.

In this webinar, we will hear from:

The talks will be followed by a short question and answer session. We hope that this webinar will provide an opportunity for archivists and librarians to learn from each other as part of an international cross-collaborative conversation on rapid response collecting. This webinar will also be of interest to anyone wishing to learn about how our shared digital cultural memory is safeguarded in a time of crisis.

The event will take place over Zoom Webinar. Registration is free at the following linkhttps://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_GP8d8N38Q5218J3KgkIwyQ

Best wishes,

Áine

Dr Áine Madden

Acting Education and Outreach Manager, Digital Repository of Ireland

Royal Irish Academy

19 Dawson St., Dublin 2

[log in to unmask]www.dri.ie

The Academy is subject to the FOI Act 2014, the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 and 2018, GDPR (EU 2016/679) and S.I. No. 336/2011, EC Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. For further information see our website www.ria.ie/privacy-and-data-protection