Hi everyone,

Following up on our recent Data Privacy and Retention Audit<https://hdl.handle.net/10161/20061>, Duke University Libraries convened a Data Privacy and Retention Task Force earlier this year. Our charge<https://wiki.duke.edu/display/LIB/Data+Privacy+and+Retention+Task+Force> is to formalize DUL’s priorities and guiding principles related to data privacy and retention and to make recommendations about additional work needed.

As we are finalizing our guiding principles and thinking about next steps, the team would love to hear more about how other institutions organize work around data privacy and retention. Do you have a centralized team either permanently or temporarily charged with oversight work in this area? Is work around data privacy more decentralized and based on best practices as they are understood in different divisions?

If you would be willing to share information about how this work is organized at your institution (either on list or off), I would be very grateful! If you’d prefer to arrange a short call, just let me know. Thanks for any help!

Best,
Angela

--
Angela M. Zoss, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Assessment & Data Visualization Analyst

The Duke University Libraries value diversity of thought, perspective, experience, and background and are actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect.