Hi Angela,

I would recommend using ImageMagick's (free) "convert" program that you can
install and invoke as a command-line tool (for example, in Linux).  Here's
a posting with an example of using it to do what you've described:

http://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/viewtopic.php?t=31436

Best,
Dan

--
*Dan Kerchner*

*Senior Software Developer, Scholarly Technology GroupThe George Washington
University LibrariesGelman Library2130 H Street, NWWashington, DC
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*