From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Hicks, William
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2020 3:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] [EXT] [CODE4LIB] Video content creation policies?

Policy-adjacent for our DL. https://digital.library.unt.edu/accessibility/#text-alternatives; bullets 3-5.

Interesting note for Texas institutions: TAC §206.70(a)(1) and §206.70(b) would supersede/cover for local institutional policies, but puts an .edu into a weird space regarding the timing of remediation efforts if hit by a DOE complaint (I think, TINLA). https://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&pg=1&ti=1&pt=10&ch=206&rl=70

Would be interested if anyone addresses Audio Description since that's of equal import to blind users, required for AA compliance, and AFAICT almost no one does them given the cost.

William Hicks

Digital Libraries: User Interfaces
University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle #305190