Completely agree with Kate. Auto-captioning is a decent start but you have to clean them up to make them helpful. And many users have a need for captions. So please do it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Kate Deibel
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2020 10:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Video content creation policies?

We mandate captioning as well. Kaltura does auto-captions but both myself and the university mandate checking and editing the captions soon after posting. Anyone who says the auto-captioning and pretty much perfect are made to wear the silliest of hats and sit in the corner of a circular room.

Katherine (Kate) Deibel | PhD
Inclusion & Accessibility Librarian
Syracuse University Libraries
T 315.443.7178