Apologies for cross-posting!

The deadline for proposal submissions for the 2021 Library Publishing (Virtual) Forum, which will be held May 10-14, has been extended. Proposals will now be accepted until Friday, January 8th, 2021. You can learn more and submit a proposal on the LPC website.

We hope this extension helps to alleviate a small amount of stress during this busy time of year.

Library Publishing Virtual Forum 2021

The Library Publishing Forum is an annual conference bringing together representatives from libraries engaged in (or considering) publishing initiatives to define and address major questions and challenges; to identify and document collaborative opportunities; and to strengthen and promote this community of practice. The Forum is sponsored by the Library Publishing Coalition (LPC), but you do not need to be a member of the LPC to attend. The 2021 Forum will be held online, May 10-14.

Call for Proposals

The call for proposals is now open! Building on the success of the 2020 virtual forum, this year we invite proposals for full sessions, individual presentations, and lightning presentations. Each session type will include interactive Q&A segments, and we encourage presenters to think creatively about other ways to engage with a large, virtual, globally-distributed audience. We warmly encourage proposals from first-time presenters and representatives of small and emerging publishing programs. Proposals may address any topic of interest to the library publishing community and all disciplines.

Learn more and submit a proposal.

Questions?

If you have questions or would like feedback on a proposal concept, please feel free to contact Justin Gonder at [log in to unmask].

If you have other questions about the 2021 Library Publishing Forum, email us at [log in to unmask].

2021 Program Committee

Justin Gonder, California Digital Library (chair)
Robin Bedenbaugh, University of Tennessee
Sonya Betz, University of Alberta
Jason Boczar, University of South Florida
A.J. Boston, Murray State University (2019-21 LPC Fellow)
Jane Buggle, Dublin Business School
Johanna Meetz, Ohio State University
Regina Raboin, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Lauren Collister, University of Pittsburgh (2022 host liaison)
David Scherer, Carnegie Mellon University (2022 host liaison)
Christine Fruin, Atla (Board Liaison)

Jason Boczar

Digital Scholarship and Publishing Librarian

USF Libraries

University of South Florida

(813) 974-5505