Hi Jon et al,

Jon... Thank you ever so much for your detailed breakdown!

As they would say in "Swingers"... you are so money! :)

Did you end up streaming to YouTube and find that the better fit?

I was thinking of live streaming one of our music events at the library or
maybe live stream musicians at a location outside the library.

I used OBS years ago to capture screen recording and recall it worked OK
for that.

A friend uses it to create YT tutorials as in far too many tutorials the
"words" on screen appear too tiny to read which when
you're learning software for the 1st time it's critical you can see
what the instructor is clicking on and where.

I'm teaching myself Da Vinci Resolve and it's a remarkable program for
video editing.

If anyone is looking for a basic, easy to learn application for video
editing I can recommend OPenShot.

I cut my teeth video editing on that and edited decent videos (according to
the subjects in this videos - YMMV!)

It's not as full-featured as DR but it will do for basic editing and it's
free. The developers are nice people who replied with helpful suggestions
as I learned.

I'm using DR (free) and according to those versed in Adobe Premiere and
Final Cut Pro DR match up well against them feature-wise, at least for most
of my needs as I'm not video editing 10 feature length films a day as you
might on a studio lot.

We've got a decent Canon DSLR, cordless lavalier mics, good lights (thank
you B & H photo), very nice tripod so I'm exploring what hardware and
*software* needs we'll have and the bang for the buck for them.

There can be a fair amount of tech snobbery at times and as a small library
we have to be as resourceful as we can (hence, DR free) and we've got a
trial version of Affinity downloaded.

For anyone looking for a good desktop publisher, photo editor and web
designer the deal with Affinity is pretty amazing right now. You can buy
each Affinity product - namely Publisher (pretty much equivalent to
Photoshop) or Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer each for $25. I think
you might find it's money well spent.

And no, I don't work for Affinity nor do I get paid or compensated by
Affinity in anyway. It's just a good find after struggling with MS
Publisher.

I so appreciate all your thoughts, suggestions and
especially your questions.

Best,

Charles.