Hi, I run a YouTube channel for Python tutorials for digital humanists (
https://www.youtube.com/PythonTutorialsforDigitalHumanities). If you look
at the original videos on the channel, I had precisely that same problem.

Here's an example of an older video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7uFREhYTJc&ab_channel=PythonTutorialsforDigitalHumanities

Here's an example of the newer version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayjKuGQn7FI&t=270s&ab_channel=PythonTutorialsforDigitalHumanities

The problem isn't necessarily how the videos are exported, but how they are
recorded. I use 4k monitors and I could read my text clearly, but viewers
couldn't. Since around April 2020, I simply zoomed in on my IDE. I use ATOM
and Windows, so simply cntrl+mouse zoom. I output at 4k as well. Since I've
zoomed in, I have not had the problem reoccur. The reason you may be having
a hard time reading it is for the same reason. The creator is shooting the
video on a screen with a resolution higher than 1080p, rendering it down,
and then it looks good to them on their screen, but poor to anyone without
4k monitors. Unfortunately, the only solution is for the creator to remake
the video zoomed in.

Does this answer your question? (I hope I understood it correctly)