Hello everyone,

Please see the call for participants from Research Libraries UK & the Arts & Humanities Research Council below.

Best,
Gayle

--
Gayle Schechter, MSLIS | she/her/hers
Program Associate

 Scoping study: The role of academic and research libraries as active participants and leaders in the production of scholarly research

Research Libraries UK, in partnership with the Arts and Humanities Research Council, invites colleagues to contribute to a major scoping study regarding the role of academic and research libraries as active participants and leaders in the production of scholarly research. This scoping study will explore the experience and expertise held within academic and research libraries to lead and partner in multi-disciplinary research projects, and it will identify the opportunities and challenges associated with this work.

We actively encourage colleagues working across the research and academic library community to contribute to this study, including colleagues working within archives, special collections, museums, and galleries that are within or closely associated with an academic or research library (e.g. within the same parent institution). Although UK focused, we would also welcome contributions from colleagues from outside of the UK.

Call for participants

We are have recently issued an invitation to colleagues<https://bit.ly/3mfe32Q> to register their interest in participating in this research. Please register your details on the RLUK website if you would be willing to be contacted by the contractor appointed to undertake this work. The research phase will begin in early February and the project will be completed by the end of June.

In particular, we would like to encourage academic and research library colleagues (including those working within archives and special collections) who have acted as:

  *   Partners: in the production of academic or scholarly research, whether formally (e.g. as a named co-investigator on a research bid) or more informally.
  *   Leaders: of academic and scholarly research projects, whether formally (e.g. as a named principal-investigator on a research bid) or more informally.
  *   Would like to act as a partner or leader of research (e.g. via funded research projects) but perceive barriers that prevent this.

In addition to these groups, we would also like to invite contributions from:

  *   Academics and scholars: working within the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (known collectively as SHAPE) disciplines who have and have not worked in partnership with an academic or research library.

  *   Research facilitators: colleagues responsible for facilitating the research process, including colleagues working within research offices, finance departments, or other research facilitation units.

  *   University leaders:  including senior decision makers, such as vice chancellors, pro-vice chancellors for research, and registrars, responsible for setting overarching institutional direction and strategy.

  *   Funders: Colleagues within academic funding- and grant-giving bodies responsible for awarding research funding.

Please do enter your details in the Google form on the RLUK website<https://bit.ly/3mfe32Q> if you would be willing to contribute to this study and please do forward this email to any colleagues who also might also be willing to share their experiences.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with me directly if you have any questions about this work.

With very best wishes,

Matt

Dr Matthew Greenhall
Deputy Executive Director