Hi John,

Thank you so much for so generously sharing your list of software.

I've used many with great satisfaction - e.g. Audacity (most intuitive
software I've ever used, Mozilla FF and TB), etc.

I would add Edit Lite 8 as a text editor.

I had a huge TB Inbox file to open and search and Notepad++ didn't work but
EP did and as freeware that was so appreciated.

I edited my 1st vidoes for the library with OpenShot. Good people there and
not a bar video editing application although if you need more I'd suggest
DaVinci Resolve Free.

DR is probably more than what most of our public library patrons could
endure. :)

Hi Erich,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about open source nto the threat others
think it is.

MS said that for years re: FF, Opera and before that Netscape.

I visited a friend's time share and in their corporate center they
offered free use of PCs with FF and Libre Office - No MS software except
the OS.

I've played around a little with Linux Mint and it's so intuitive with lots
of built-in applications (including video editing; basic though enough for
many) and the "experts" all advised against using that OS as dangerous,
too.

Charles.

From:    "Hammer, Erich F" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Software on Public Computers