On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 9:01 AM Eric Lease Morgan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> That said, I do believe there are more people with multi-core machines than I had originally anticipated.

These types of machines are in wide use and have been for a long time:
Intel has been offering multi-core (i.e., 2 or more) in its "Core"
line of CPUs since 2006. People with laptops and desktops built since
then likely have machines with at least 2 cores, including many
lower-end desktops. Now, how quickly these cores run is a different
story.

Seth