Are you working with PDFs with OCR'd and/or indexed text?  If so, just about any PDF reader will allow copying the text out (if the PDF isn't protected).  SumatraPDF (https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org) is my choice for a functional reader with a much lower risk than "fully functional" readers.

If you need to OCR scanned documents you might try NAPS2 (https://www.naps2.com/).

If  you are looking to automate OCR using scripts, take a look at Tesseract (https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract).

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 16:15, Charles Meyer eloquently inscribed: