I'd be interested to hear thoughts on which aspects of it are the future. I
suspect you're focusing on it being OS, and modularity?

As I understand it, Folio works with various OPACs and discovery systems—I
see people on EBS, Summon, Vufind and Blacklight—but is also planning its
own OPAC. If that's the future, what is it?

For my part, I feel OPACs have stalled out somewhat since Bibliocommons,
which has itself slid backward somewhat in terms of UI/UX. I haven't seen
anything that knocked my socks off since then. Has anyone?

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding