How many CPUs run your desktop computer?

I am in the process of writing a system which analyzes ("reads") texts at scale. The system is called the Distant Reader. In order to use the the system on a desktop computer, it is all but necessary to have a computer with more than two CPUs. I'm curious to know a bit about your computer so I can learn about the feasibility of sharing the system's software to wider audiences

Please consider taking a survey at https://forms.gle/hJVdyeygE9q86Vz39  The survey only has three questions:

  1. What operating system runs your computer?
  2. How often do you use the command line?
  3. How many CPUs run your computer?

Zero identifying information about you is gathered. I will not use the responses for nefarious purposes. I promise. It is just a gauge to see whether or not I ought to modify my software to run on desktop computers.

P.S. I suspect most people do not know how many CPUs run their computer, and if they do, then the answer is two or less.

--
Eric Morgan
University of Notre Dame

574/485-6870