Hi folks,

The Digital Archival traNsfer, iNgest, and packagiNg Group (DANNNG
<https://dannng.github.io/>) is pleased to present two complementary
documents for your comments.

   - Disk Imaging Decision Factors
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g45L8fH2d_tYO0ME1gm-m1obM-Q5fIlPJVMyK6Kr5e0/edit?usp=sharing>,
   exploring the role of disk imaging in digital archives by addressing
   assumptions and identifying potential factors that impact decision-making
   - Digital Archives Technical Glossary
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/19FQLpuWrFQEpuJ0rjALGB0acbsxGwCJk2BD2-pMhA5I/edit?usp=sharing>,
   a glossary of terms related to digital archives with emphasis on digital
   forensics terms. This document seeks to contextualize technical vocabulary
   for cultural heritage professionals

We warmly invite members of the library, archives, museums, and cultural
heritage fields to review the current versions of these documents by April
30 and submit any feedback, questions or concerns. We will review all
comments and suggestions and strive to publish a revised version of each
document by July 1st. We hope that these will be relevant community
resources, and we want to make sure folks see themselves in these documents
and find the material relevant to their work.

We have provided the documents as Google Docs, to better facilitate
commenting. We look forward to hearing from you.

On behalf of the DANNNG team:
Erin Barsan, Pratt Institute School of Information
Alex Chassanoff, North Carolina Central University
Dianne Dietrich, Cornell University Library
Brian Dietz, NC State University Libraries
Brenna Edwards, Harry Ransom Center, The University of Texas at Austin
farrell, Duke University Libraries
Lara Friedman-Shedlov, University of Minnesota
Alex Nelson, National Institute of Standards and Technology
Margaret Peachy, Digital Collections & Archives, Tufts University
Shira Peltzman, UCLA Library
Tracy Popp, University Library, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Elise Tanner, UA Little Rock Center for Arkansas History and Culture
Valerie Waldron, University of Michigan Library
Paige Walker, Tisch Library, Tufts University
Lauren Work, University of Virginia Library

Interested in joining DANNNG? We welcome new members and encourage anyone
who is interested in this work to get involved by filling out the following
survey <https://cornell.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eXvXalQIWRhRKNE>.

Val

Valerie Waldron
Computer & Video Game Archive Manager
Consultation & Discovery Services | Learning & Teaching
University of Michigan Library
2321B Duderstadt Center | [log in to unmask]
My office phone number is temporarily disconnected while I work remotely
due to COVID-19.
Please contact me via email.