We’re very excited to invite proposals for Digitorium 2021, a multi-disciplinary Digital Humanities conference held at the University of Alabama from October 7-9, 2021. We seek proposals from a range of people including those who are brand new in the field of digital humanities, experienced scholars, practitioners, students, and anybody in-between to create an inclusive environment where everybody can learn something from each other. Proposals should demonstrate how we as digital humanists can engage with communities and our scholarship in new and innovative ways using digital methods.
This year, our theme is “Diversity in Digital Humanities.” How can we use DH to reach diverse audiences? How is DH taught and by whom to whom? How is DH helping to be more inclusive and diverse, and how can we do better? What stories can be told using DH? We welcome creativity in your proposals! If you have any questions about whether your proposal might fit, please contact us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Participants can submit proposals that engage with one of the following:

  *   Digital Methods: presentations that use digital methods to further scholarship in established fields or highlight new and exciting areas in their research subjects.
  *   Public Scholarship: presentations on utilizing digital methods to engage the public through institutions such as universities, libraries, and museums.
  *   Digital Pedagogy: presentations on using digital methods for innovative approaches to teaching at any level.

Presentations include a variety of formats for the conference, but they are not limited to those listed below. For example, presentations could be:

  *   20 minute papers
  *   Workshops where the presenter teaches a digital method or tool (let us know what the specifications are for the workshop)
  *   Posters
  *   Completed or in-progress project demonstrations
  *   Panel discussions

Submissions are open for Digitorium 2021 until April 16, 2021.
All proposals should be made via the Submissions page<https://adhc.lib.ua.edu/digitorium/?page_id=25> on the conference website.
Feel free to contact the ADHC at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have any questions.
Please visit our website<https://adhc.lib.ua.edu/digitorium/> for more information as it becomes available regarding the plenary speakers, mode of delivery, and the departments generously offering their support for Digitorium 2021.

—Tom

Thomas C. Wilson | Professor and Associate Dean
[Divider line]
University Libraries
The University of Alabama<https://www.ua.edu/>
Phone 205-348-2299<tel:205-348-2299>