Dear All,

The Library of Congress has issued a solicitation for Bibframe-related development work.  We want to be sure to advertise this opportunity to this community.

We are in need of services to help build a distribution system - a daily, weekly, and intermittent export and package operation for Bibframe resources:  https://beta.sam.gov/opp/1a6325f07e0c441e8947b40195eda40f/view

The due date for the proposal is this coming Friday (5 March), but we are looking to extend the period by a week.

We want to encourage any interested developer, or developer team, to respond to the solicitation.  I frankly do not know what rules may pertain to bidding on US government contracts, but a quick review of the requirements for registering for government contracting suggests that it isn't too arduous:

http://www.sba.gov/content/register-government-contracting

For example, a DUNS number and EIN can be acquired in a day.  FWIW, we advertised a solicitation on this listserv back in 2014 and were delighted to receive responses from this community.

I think this could make for an ideal side project for a small team of interested developers.  So many of you have the skills and expertise needed to really produce a very performant software solution to the above solicitation.

I can't answer any questions about this contract in this forum, but you can use the contacts listed at the bottom of the above page if you have questions.  Those inquiries are forwarded to us, we answer them, and then the information is posted publicly so that everyone interested in the opportunity has access to the same information.

Yours,

Kevin

--

Kevin Ford

Network Development and MARC Standards Office

Library of Congress

Washington, DC