**Apologies for cross posting**

Spring is just around the corner for many of us, and NISO has a host of
events lined up for the information community, including a webinar, two
virtual conferences, an NFAIS Forethought Strategic Summit, and a brand new
training series. As always, NISO members can attend the webinar for free,
and get reduced rates for all the other events, and our generous buy three,
get three
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/buy-3-get-3-niso-virtual-conferences-registration-129906099641>
free offer for virtual conferences is still available for everyone to take
advantage of. Registration entitles you to an unlimited number of attendees
from your organization so, what are you waiting for? Reserve your place(s)
now!

Community Owned Infrastructure: Partnerships and Collaboration
<http://www.niso.org/events/2021/03/community-owned-infrastructure-partnerships-collaboration>
(Virtual Conference)

Wednesday, March 24, 12.00 - 4.00pm EDT (Canada/US)

Researchers and their organizations alike have come to rely on access to a
robust and open community-owned infrastructure. At this virtual conference,
we’ll hear from those who provide, fund, and use this infrastructure in our
community about what’s working, what isn’t, and how best to ensure its
long-term success. Confirmed speakers include: Laurie Arp and Megan Forbes,
both of LYRASIS; Helena Cousijn, DataCite; Bohyun Kim, University of Rhode
Island; Boaz Nadav-Manes, Lehigh University; Ann West, Internet2; and Ralph
Youngen, American Chemical Society.

Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/niso-virtual-conference-community-owned-infrastructure-registration-129926707279>
(don’t forget to check out the Buy Three, Get Three Free
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/buy-3-get-3-niso-virtual-conferences-registration-129906099641>
option!)

Assessment Practices and Metrics for the 21st Century: A 2021 Participatory
Learning Experience
<https://niso.org/events/2021/04/assessment-practices-metrics-21st-century-2021-participatory-learning-experience>
(Training Series)

Eight weekly sessions, April 1 - May 27 (times and days vary)

This training series will build on the success of previous series to
provide a more participatory and interactive experience of improving
assessment planning in libraries. Our goal is to create a community of
learning, with meaningful professional experiences and mentorships, sharing
experiences, and getting to know each other better and support each other.
As well as participating in the weekly one-hour facilitated sessions,
attendees will be expected to prepare reflections and content to share with
the larger group every week. Interactive exercises for improving assessment
practice will also be provided. Our Training Facilitator for this series
is, once again, Martha Kyrillidou of QualityMetrics LLC.

Register here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/assessment-practices-metrics-for-the-21st-century-participatory-learning-tickets-144714152927>
(20 participants maximum)

Coming soon…

   -

   Meaningful Metrics 1/2
   <http://niso.org/events/2021/04/meaningful-metrics-first-two> (Webinar)

April 14, 11.00am - 12.30pm EDT (Canada/USA)

   -

   Preprints <http://niso.org/events/2021/04/preprints> (Virtual Conference)

April 21, 12.00 - 4.00pm EDT (Canada/USA)

   -

   Transforming Content Through Transformed Systems
   <https://www.niso.org/events/2021/04/transforming-content-through-transformed-systems>
   (NFAIS Forethought Strategic Summit)

April 27, 10.00am - 2.30pm EDT (Canada/USA)

For more information about all our events, please visit the NISO events page
<https://www.niso.org/events> or feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask]

Thanks and best wishes

The NISO Team

NISO