Hi All,

Great opportunity here to beef up your skills – with “crash courses” from the Library Freedom Project!

Deadline is lightweight and due April 10.

Cheers,
eliza

Library Freedom Project is now seeking applicants for our new Crash
Courses program. LFP's Crash Courses are free, two-month online training
programs for library workers who want to learn practical ways to defend
privacy in their libraries. We have two Crash Courses open for
applications now:

Systems and Policies (will run May-June 2021): In this Crash Course,
we're focusing on privacy in library infrastructure. Topics will
include: creating good privacy and data governance policies, conducting
privacy audits, working with library IT, understanding vendor agreements
from a privacy perspective, and more. It'll cover some technical stuff,
but it's intended for library workers without a formal technical
background or role.

Programs and training (will run September-October 2021): In this Crash
Course, we're learning how to teach privacy to patrons, fellow staff,
and other stakeholders. We'll cover some of the broader privacy
landscape out in the world -- things like consumer technologies, police
surveillance, artificial intelligence -- and discuss how the loss of
privacy affects our communities. We'll learn how to run effective and
interesting privacy programs for various audiences.

Application questions, deadlines, and other details are on our website:
libraryfreedom.org/crashcourse. BIPOC library workers are strongly
encouraged to apply. Questions about the program can be directed to
Alison Macrina
Director
Library Freedom Project

--

Eliza Bettinger

Lead Librarian for Digital Scholarship

she/her

Join Cornell’s DH Listserv

Schedule a DH Consultation

106 Olin Library

Cornell University

Ithaca NY 14853 USA

To unsubscribe from the DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH list, click the following link:
https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH