From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Eric Hellman
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 12:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] DDC is like an API specification so it can be used freely

[EXTERNAL EMAIL - USE CAUTION]

I doubt that the Oracle v. Google case has any effect on the status of DDC especially since "AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION V. DELTA DENTAL PLANS ASSOCIATION",  though not a SCOTUS case is a much more relevant precedent.

https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcaselaw.findlaw.com%2Fus-7th-circuit%2F1233610.html&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cjcaffreyhill%40towson.edu%7Cc4b5e80e8cb74495559008d908cfd520%7Ccbf9739249f649dda8a619f710efcc35%7C0%7C0%7C637550510996168108%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=2BMXCz%2BNPYNzjnK3jPXoiDECU1V0fSrkOpY4XJSOp2Q%3D&amp;reserved=0