Greetings!

April's #DLFTeach chat is scheduled for next Tuesday, April 20th at 1:00 pm CST, and we'll be discussing "Transcribing Together - Crowdsourcing on Digital Projects" with co-hosts Caterina Agostini (@CateAgostini), Laura Morreale (@LauraMorreale), and Dr. Monica Keane (@monica_keane).

Collaborative transcription events allow people to gather around a text, to engage with visual and textual material from the past and with fellow participants as they puzzle through the mysteries presented on the page, creating community in new ways. This twitter conversation will discuss how to structure, keep track of, and enjoy engagement with collaborative transcription events. Ahead of April 20th's chat, the co-hosts have shared two examples of crowdsourced transcription projects: La Sfera Challenge (https://lasferachallenge.wordpress.com/) and Image du Monde (https://imagedumonde.wordpress.com/).

Our discussion will be guided by these questions:
Q1: How do you recruit and organize participants for a crowdsourced event?
Q2: What tools do you use to facilitate group work on a digital transcription?
Q3: How do you ensure everyone gets credit for work they have done on a collaborative transcription?
Q4: What are some ways you keep track of materials produced during a crowd-sourced transcription event?
Q5: What benefits have you seen from hosting or participating in a crowdsourced transcription event?
Q6: What challenges have you seen from hosting or participating in a crowdsourced transcription event?

For  more information, visit our wiki at https://wiki.diglib.org/2021.04.20_Digital_Library_Pedagogy_Twitter_Chat#Details. Our conversation, which will be archived and posted to this page, will follow the DLF Code of Conduct, which we encourage all to read: https://www.diglib.org/about/code-of-conduct/.

Looking forward to an interesting and engaging conversation! See you there!
Hillary, Twitter Chat Coordinator

Hillary A. H. Richardson, M.A., M.L.I.S.
Associate Professor
Coordinator of Undergraduate Research & Information Literacy
Fant Memorial Library | Mississippi University for Women
1100 College Street, MUW-1625
Columbus, MS 39701
662-329-7334 | hillaryahrichardson.com<http://hillaryahrichardson.com/>
Need research help? Set up an appointment! <https://libreserves.muw.edu/appointments/hillary>