Discussion Focus:  Where are we with email preservation?

Please join the NDSA Content Interest Group on Wednesday, May 5, at 1:00 p.m. EDT for our Content Exchange.

Based on group interest and recent developments in email preservation, it’s a great time for us to discuss it!     Greg Wiedeman, University Archivist, University at Albany, SUNY, is leading the research grant project called Mailbag with a goal to create a specification and open source tool for preserving email in various formats.  He will give a brief summary about the project and its inception that will lead into a general discussion about email preservation.  With our varying levels of dealing with email, it will be an opportunity to ask questions about curation, accessioning, processing, and access and to share your experiences.

Meeting information

 Meeting notes available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ew5Ahid9eNto3T9Yk6pLWOko53rhIdTeJ_LbHItXVbE/edit

 Zoom link: https://clirdlf.zoom.us/j/91420439

Meeting ID: 914 204 392