Thanks everyone for providing the documents and context for this
conversation. I'm the current coordinator of the Community Support Squad
and I merged Ben's PR this morning as a few people reviewed it and no one
objected. It makes perfect sense given the rest of the CoC.

I believe Eric's original statement about a draft might be due to the
repo's readme: "This is a repository to provide a space to draft and allow
for dialog in the creation of an anti-harassment policy for the Code4lib
annual conference, mailing list, and other Code4Lib channels." We could
amend that to remove the verb "draft". I must admit I've ignored the
readme; it should definitely link to the change procedures, too.

Best,
Eric